- The list includes the country’s wealthiest Luhya tribe members.
- According to the list, they are drawn at random from various sources to form the top list of the richest people in the country from the community.
- Even though the fact that the ‘Mulembe’ nation has never had a president, it is reputed to have millionaires in its midst. They have invested stakes in a variety of sectors both inside and outside of the country.
About Luhya Community
There are about 42 subtribes in the Luhya community. They cover five western area counties: Bungoma, Busia, Kakamega, Tranzoia, and Vihiga.
List of Richest Luhyas in 2024
We have an endless list of Tycoons from the region in the Luhya community.
The former Vice President and Chief Prime Minister is regarded as among the top Luhya tycoons in the country.
Mudavadi walks home with a monthly income of nearly over a million shillings from the government, plus allowances.
He owns a modern home in his rural area, Sabatia constituency, Vihiga county, with a net worth of 4 billion.
The residence also houses several luxurious vehicles with estimated values in millions of shillings.
Mudavadi also has another mansion in Karen, Nairobi, which is worth billions of shillings.
His party, Amani National Congres, has members all over the country and earns him money every year.
Cleophas Shimanyula, often known as ‘Toto,’ is a Luhya who’s origin is in Kakamega.
Toto is regarded as one of the wealthiest Luhya in the Western Region. He is said to be worth approximately four hundred million Kenya shillings.
- Related Post: Sad as Kakamega Man Cries Out for Help After His Wife Dumps Him for His Younger Brother Just Because He Has a Motorbike.
The tycoon owns several multimillion-shilling properties, including the Kakamega Homeboyz football team, which competes in the FKF elite division. Shimanyula also owns several matatus and taxis that operate in Kakamega Town.
Shimanyula holds shares in the Kakamega county government that were transferred from the previous regime, which was led by former governor Wycliffe Oparanya. He was also said to be the main supporter of the current Governor, His Excellency Fernandes Baraza.
Francis Atwoli dwells in Kakamega County.
Francis has been the COTU’s leader for many years. He is paid a salary of over a million Kenya shillings each month inclusive of allowances.
Atwoli a polygamist, has several multibillion-shilling mansions across the country for his wives.
His network is estimated to be worth 1 billion Kenya shillings.
- Among the other richest Luhyas on the list are:
- Mr. Ibrahim Ambwere
- Mr Julius Mwale
- Wetangula, Moses
- Moody Awori
- Kisa, Philip Arunga